The basic spring manufacturing technologies are coiling and bending. Different tailored springs, such as compression springs, extension springs, torsion springs and wire forms are manufactured with these technologies.
The high-quality end result of a coil spring can also be impacted by other technologies.
- Heat treatment in a feed through oven guarantees the removal of unwanted stress that is formed during shaping and achieving accurately the defined dimensions.
- Pre-stressing increases the elastic limit of the wire and automatic pre-stress equipment maximises the performance of the coil spring material and optimises the properties of the spring.
- Shot peening removes even the smallest damage from the surface of a spring and the desired tension is formed on the surface, which maximises the dynamic duration of the spring and guarantees the longest possible life span.
Meconet has 80 years of experience manufacturing coil springs. Teräsjousi Oy started manufacturing for the domestic defence industry in 1941, and later for many other fields of industry.
So that our customers are able to use the potential of different spring technologies, our experienced and competent staff is always ready to help customers with any challenges related to the design or manufacture of springs.
We promise you:
Experience to support your R&D operations in spring design, calculation and simulation
Customization – Various raw materials, shot peening, pre-setting, grinding and coating.
Lean production and fast deliveries for prototypes to high volumes
High precision and quality assurance – 100% quality inspection + measurement reports
Wide range of springs and wire forms
- Compression springs (0,1-16,0mm)
- Extension springs (0,1-16,0 mm)
- Torsion springs (0,1-8,0 mm)
- Wire forms (0,1-8,0 mm)
- Flat springs (0,1-6,0 mm)
Ask more about spring technologiesContact us
Download spring design tipsDownload tips
Design skills are tried with volume products
Spring design includes more than design of the component itself. Logistics and handling of the spring in the course of the assembly also play an important partRead more