Lock washers – safe screw joints for vibration-prone environments
Do you need a reliable option for locking screw joints? Our lock washers are designed for safe fastening of bolt joints, especially if exposed to heavy vibration and loads. In many ways, our products constitute an alternative more reasonable than traditional washers. All of our lock washers are also suitable for retrofitting in the course of service, repair, and maintenance work.
The many advantages of lock washers
- Wedge-shaped surface on the inside of the lock washers, radial teeth on the outside.
- The unique cam system uses tension to produce great force for the locked joint exposed to vibration.
- Locking recession of radial teeth.
- Particularly suitable for dynamic loads.
- Effortless installation and removal.
- Movement of the system is only possible in-between the inner washer.
- Also suitable for 8.8, 10.9, and 12.9 category high-strength bolts and their corresponding surfaces; the locking system can readjust itself automatically with the help of the nuts.
- Increase in tightening force.
- Reusable without loss of functionality or quality.
- The locking action is not affected by any lubrication.
- Locks the joint with relatively small pre-tension as compared to other locking options.
Our lock washers can be used comprehensibly in different industries, for example:
- Power engineering
- Mining and quarrying
- Agriculture and forestry
- Heavy vehicles
- Defence industry
Reliable and efficient locking method
The mechanism of our lock washers is based on two plates with different patterns in paired configuration that latch very tightly when turned opposite each other. Instead of friction, tension is used for locking the plates, which improves safety in situations where the joint is exposed to heavy vibration. The inclination of the other surface exceeds the pitch of the threads; this ensures excellent retention and efficient locking.
Our lock washers are easy to use, efficient, and safe. They can usually be reused as well. As with all of our fasteners, our lock washers must be inspected for wear before reuse.
Strict quality control to ensure safety
All products undergo strict testing with respect to material, microstructure, hardness, dimensional accuracy, and evenness, among others. All data are compiled and analysed and deviations corrected to ensure that each product is of consistent and optimal quality. Data obtained from raw material testing, online testing performed during the production process and sample testing are compiled and analysed. Deviations are remedied using cause-and-effect methods to ensure optimal quality of each product leaving our plant.
Contact us for more information!
Could our lock washers be the answer for you? We will gladly work out the best possible solution that suits your needs. Contact us – let’s discuss some more.
Download spring design tips
Do you need tips for spring design? Consult the Meconet Spring Design Guide for help. We put together tips on…Lue lisää